Interested in developing literacy skills through visual literacy?
Over the last year, we have been piloting Picture a Story with over 20 schools in Lancashire. Every school has produced wonderful results. Teachers have reported that children both girls and boys, have really enjoyed the project. Here’s what they have said:
“It has been an invaluable experience for my reluctant boy writers who have all been keen to write a comic/Marvel style story”
“As a teacher it has been super to see boys engaged in writing”
This project runs over half a term and includes:
– An illustration by a well known children’ illustrator and a set of graphic novels to use as inspiration during the project
– A visit from an artist to create a storyboard inspired by your chosen illustration
– A visit from a storyteller to develop vocabulary
– A final visit (by either the artist or storyteller) where your class will present their finished graphic novels
– Additionally this project will give the opportunity for the children to gain Arts Award Discover.
The full package costs £500, which includes the box of graphic novels for half a term, a half day with an artist and half day with a storyteller.
For more information, please contact Jessica Forshaw (email@example.com)